The following are the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals standards. These standards must be met to become a NCCAP Certified Activity Professional. It is the wish of the NCCAP Board of Directors and administration that you join our ranks as a Certified Activity Professional. We also want to help you in any way we can to facilitate your process of becoming certified. Do not hesitate to write, call or e-mail the office or a Board member when you have need of assistance. We look forward to serving you.
The National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP), is one of the Certifying Bodies recognized by Federal law, and incorporated in many state regulations. NCCAP is the PREMIER national organization that exclusively certifies activity professionals who work with the elderly in primarily LTC settings.
Certified Activity Professionals receive the following benefits:
• Enhanced professional recognition and development
• Collaboration at the national level with other long-term health care associations
• Regular communication with our membership through technology
• Inclusion in the national registry of Certified Activity Professionals
• Recognition as an Activity Professional who has met a higher standard of excellence and knowledge of the profession thru education